Need some feedback please.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by mhpoole, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mhpoole

mhpoole LawnSite Member

redesigning my website and wondering if you guys could give me some opinions. Its still being loaded but the framework is up.

I mainly deal with moss, decks, and window cleaning.

www.waterworksnw.com

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad, I kinda like the way its set up. not sure if I'd change anything on it, so who knows, there may be things that you might change later, but I dont see anything I'd bother to change at all.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I would make the template stretch to fit screen. It looks good on a small window, but if you maximize it there is to much dead space on each side of the template. Most websites stretch to fit screen. I'm viewing on a 19" monitor at 1024 x 768.

Visit my site HERE and open it in a small window then grab one side and start stretching and you will see what I mean. Or you can just do the same with this webpage you are viewing now :p

4. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

The flash intro plays too fast and I couldn't read the text it was gone too fast.

5. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

i like it... The only thing that bothered me is the music... i turned it off then went to another page and it came back on. as for the site being stretched I like it the way it is. If you stretch it you may end up with just a few lines of text on some of the pages...

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi mhpoole,

Very nice. I liked the multimedia effect. A very full experience :)
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't take it personal, I'm sure my site leaves much to be desired but...

Turning off (and getting rid) of your music should increase your EXISTING traffic by 25% while it saves a bit of bandwidth, it's win-win. Your choice, I ran music for a long time myself, despite the traffic loss that's just how I wanted it but the day you get tired of it for whatever reason, it's no loss.

The code at a quick glance looks exceptional other than I'd get rid of a lot of the blank space as this makes your .html file larger. Some space is ok to give it a bit of edging for when you read it / work on it but there's a few lines have like 50 or 100 blank spaces in front of the command.

Other than that, the site meets requirements, has a quality look to it and the navigation is right dandy as well. It is, by all means, a nice site.

I find the copyright statement humorous but not because it's you, I find all copyright statements funny, call me crazy.

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way it looks, not just because I know who designed it (Mark, you must know who I am !!)

My sound is turned off, so I don't know if it had sound. I prefer silent browsing myself. A little movement is fun:

<marquee>Waterworks NW</marquee>

In the past, I tried a forum, but didn't like getting tied down to it. And it was not on my site. Since a forum can open the door to certain inner workings of an industry, I'd prefer that my potential customers don't have a way to immediately access a forum situation on my site.

If there is a way to get your pictures to enlarge by clicking, that might be a nice addition. But in general, the site looks clean and the colors are nice.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: