1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need some good opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spin2098, Mar 25, 2004.

1. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

Now I have been doing this for 7 years now and I always buy a cheap push mower. This year I said that is it I am going to buy good one. What would everyone suggest? Also I am in the market for a backpack blower that will also suck up debris and stuff any opinions on that? Thanks for the input everyone.
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use Lawnboy 21" for my small mowers. I don't think any of the blower/vac products actually do the kind of job you imagine they would.
  3. CaptainslawnCare

CaptainslawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Mass

If you want THE best 21" you cant buy a better mower than the commercial Toro. BBC, 3 speed, kawi engine(4 stroke), Suzuki (2 stroke), aluminum deck, mulches and bags better than the rest, spin off oil filter....these things last for ever. At $1099 it may seem like a lot of money, buy why buy 3 mowers for $500 in the time you'll have this.
    Also ive never heard of a backpack bower with a vac option. And if there is one, don’t buy it. You will have nothing but problems with the fan and engine speed. I don’t even want to know where the bag would go...
    Best backpacks. To save money: Fradan BB51. The best: Echo Pb650
    If you are in a lot of dusty situations see the Echo 750 (has a different air filter...that’s all)
  4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey spin, Cmon now...You are 24, an been in the biz for 7 years. You really should have some idea on what push mower to buy.

As far as a blower, that will suck stuff up...I think you can buys these at home depot. I think they are around $99.

If you want to buy commercial, an sumthin that will last, Echo PB-750's, or the BR-420 C that Stihl makes are pretty good. I have both of them, an they all of em work great.....

I think a good mower for you spin, is one that will mulch good for you, then you wont have to worry about getting a blower that will suck at the same time....;) ;) :D
  5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

go for a toro proline there built like a tank and last forever you will be extremly happy with it
  6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

You dont sound very serious to me. A blower that "sucks stuff up" is not a commercial piece of equipment. Drop the El-cheapo mindset and join the club. My .02
  7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get a Toro Proline with Suzuki or Kawasaki engine. They have quit making the Suzuki, but some dealers still have them. We have a 4yr old Toro with a Kawasaki, and a 2yr old Toro with a Suzuki. The Kawasaki has more power in thick grass than the Suzuki, but the on the Suzuki there is no oil changes. All we have had to do to both is regular maintenance. (oil changes, air filters, fuel filters etc.) In my opinion, they are one of the best 21's on the market.

Lovell's Lawn Care
  8. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

Locutus your reply made no sense what so ever. I swear and I could be wrong that I see guys using backpack blowers around me to pick up debris. First off I am far from cheap. The only cheap piece of equipment I own is my push mower and that is because I only use it for a few yards. I am now fixing that problem by getting a quality one this year. Second every piece of equipment and truck I own is at the most two years old and of high quality that for sure does not sound cheap. Now that is my two cents.