need some harley help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by snowmizer, Apr 12, 2008.

1. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

Getting ready to buy 6' Harley rake but have noticed that some drums have carbide teeth while others have a flat raised bar on their drum. I have found someone local selling a rake with the raised bar design ( has 10hrs on it for $4500.00 ) but have never used this type. Anyone used this style? Little concerned that it will not be good for renovation work? Any info would be great.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I wouldn't buy it unless it had the carbide tips.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the t-6. Better in wet conditons. Much more versatile than the pro 6

4. snowmizer

yea it seems it would just make a mess when its wet. so the raised bar design is call a pro 6 ?. thanks for the input.

5. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

I own the one with carbide teeth, the one with bars will clog up in the wet.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, the one with the double rollers is a pro 6, the one with the toothed roller and the flap is a t-6. I have a pro 6, I really am going to keep an eye out for the t-6, The guy I used to work for has both, His t-6 gets the work out. Although the pro-6 does leave the better finish.

7. snowmizer

anyone ever use the land pride powered rake. has the same features as the Harley rake but most like the Harley better. Is there that much of a difference between the two? Local dealer has the landpride rake, seems to be put together well but have never used one.Gonna try to demo it this week.

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I think they are just about all the same if they have the carbide teeth.

9. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

Frontier, woods, landpride, harley. they are all made by Glencoe.

10. snowmizer

well that makes me feel a little better about the land pride rake!