Need some help fellas!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGG, Apr 7, 2004.

1. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

Well I started posting up signs yesterday and have ahd a few calls and picked up 1 customer. Today I get a call form the manager of a condo complex who wants me to power rake this 40 unit complex. Well to say the least I am excited but do not know what to do. Its probably about 20 hours work for 3 guys and all we would be doing is power raking and cleaning up the dead grass. Now based on the fact that I've got only one raker I would need to rent two at $110/day and then pay my guys $11/hour so thats $660 in expenses already. What should be my bid. Any ideas will help.

Thanks

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Id say at least 1600 - 1800 dollars...i have no idea how larger the complex is tho.....just figure time labor and machinery and disposal fo rthe day and thats yur bid....cant get um all and he might just be shopping.

Chuck

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

WOW your rental place is raping you. mine charges $50 a day, but they give it to me for the 4 hour rate of $30 for the day. that is for a bluebird with a bagger, maybe your is a very large one

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

and the best part is they gave it to me for free saturday, no charge at all and i even returned it late on sunday

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

660 times 2=$1320.00

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not factoring in the disposal of the thatch. If it hasn't been done lately, you will be raking out a lot. Don't sell yourself short, it sounds like a lot of work.

7. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

It will be a lot of work. I dont want to get in way to deep even before I get going. I might just put in a ridiculous bid and see if he goes for it. Ive already got some other customers lined up.