Need some help identifying brown in a lawn?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by David W, Sep 19, 2006.

1. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

I sprayed grassy and broad-leaf herbicide 12 days ago and we have had a nice amount of rain lately. I'm planning on aerating and seeding with fert in a couple of weeks. Directions 3-4 weeks after spraying PBI Gordon's' Q4.

You can see pics at the link below.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160584

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No way of telling from those pices...would have to se the blades. It looks like dollar spot, though.

3. David W

Is there anything I can do now for it?

Or should I just aerate, de-thach and fert.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Thin line on taking care of it now or waiting till spring. The fung will slow down in cooler weather but will still remain present through out. I personaly would sell them on fung control this fall and hit them up again in spring. I would continue with the aeration and over seeding only if I put fung control down as the new seedlings will be more apt to catching it if they are not disease resistant.

5. David W

Roger that on the fungicide. I put down Clearys 3336 turf fungicide back in July so I thought that would cover me for this year.

What do you guys recommend for fert right now after applying herbicide?

Joe I heard you mention on another thread about a hight potassium fert for thicking up the grass. I usally use Lebanon Turf's Proscape Mesa 19-0-6 for my final fert of the year. It's a slow-release that last couple of monthes.

I open to any suggestions. I've researched a ton but I'm a little new to this area of lawn care.