1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need some help killing clover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dalel20, Jun 22, 2008.

1. dalel20

dalel20 LawnSite Member

Looking for some advice on pumping some white clover. I can wrinkle it with 2-4D but just can't tip it over in a weak lawn. Thick lawns I can set it back enough for the good grass to take over. I heard some talk about MCPP, 2-4D and dicamba all in one. Although dicamba seems a little potent around trees and exposed "OH ****" roots right after dinner: Any advice is appreciated. Love the site. cool2:
  2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimec every two weeks until it is retreating.
  3. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Red Zone will fry hardened off clover
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Get ready for 6 pages of pesticide guys arguing with each other!
  5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Just curious: when there's a fly in your soup - do you just eat it? I mean it's natural for it to wind up there. AND it adds protein.
  7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I use a 3-way spiked with a little extra MCCP. Gone 2 weeks. BTW, Thanks Whoop...Treegal1 doesn't have a clue.
  8. dalel20

dalel20 LawnSite Member

I'd love to leave it in there but the guy who writes the monthly check wants it out!!! Whats your 3-way blend? If I may ask?
  9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco 3-way or Vessel. Most of our customers pay us to control weeds not propagate them.