1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need some help on a letter.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stuffdeer, Mar 3, 2007.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question. This winter I picked up 2 new snow accounts right next to two of my current snow and lawn service accounts. I need some ideas on things I should include in a letter to possibly sign them. I know one has a lawn service already, but he comes from 2 cities over, and , I know, I'm not lowballing, but I can do it cheaper then him considering I already have 3 customers right next to this one.

Now, what are some things you would include in the letter?

Thanks everyone
  2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Mike send them a quick and to the point letter in there bill thanking them for letting you do the snow for them. Put a line in it say that you also work for a few of there neighbors during the summer on their lawns and whatever other services you do for them. By now they already know who you are and they have seen what your work looks like. I'm sure that because you already have them for snow that just a quick to the point letter is all you need if they are looking to change over to you. Your foot is already in the door. Good luck.

Instead of typing it you could use that miracle pen of yours. LOL
  3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol...The pen ran out of ink. All I know is when I take a new equipment picture, i'm throwing a pen in it.
  4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

The way I see it is you can do one of 2 things.
    1) thank them for the opportunity to do business with them, and then inform them that you also provide lawn cutting services for their neighbors and that if they were interested you can give them an estimate to service their property as well...
    2) a little more forward approach would be to...thank them for the opportunity to do business with them and include an estimate for lawn cutting for their property (but also mention that you did this b/c you already perform these services for their neighbors).***only do this option, if you know for a FACT that you will be cheaper than their current guy, if not you take the chance that they might tell him your price and he might steal your customers*** ....not advocating low balling...just going with the assumption that you are doing the lawns at your normal price, not trying to steal others customers by lowballing!