Need Some Help On This One

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by enviouslawns, Dec 13, 2007.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I called the michigan dept. of ag. today to see what i have to do to legaly put down weed n feed and pesticidies. They said since its my business i have to have 2 years prior experience. my local supplier told me to tell them that i worked a few years for a company theat went out of business in another state.. Do you guys think this will work ???

Appreciate any info on this

2. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

What about taking the test for the lisc? MA an RI did ask for the experience and I put nothing or RI and got the lisc and Ma I was year short of what they asked for and got that lisc as well. Of course this was a couple years ago. Each state here offers classes as well in place of the experience part, maybe Mich does the same?

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I just took a quick look, real quick but i didnt see 1 year exp. You can take a test for general use pesticides.
    Http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1569_16988_35289-11999--,00.html
    not sure if this copied right but if you google, michigan dept of agriculture pesticide licensing.

Get the Applicators license hold it then take the restricted use. Always look at the law for the state, i never just believe what some pencil pusher says, i always ask where i can verify what they are saying.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Profile says you are 20.
    You worked more than two years for a company in another State that went out of business? Do you have the name of a company? Give them a name and 30 seconds to do a search will reveal you are lying. I don't think they are going to believe it. Better to find someone in business who will vouch for you.

5. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

ya i see what u mean thanks for the help