need some help with overseeding and aerating

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mowing grass 1111, Mar 30, 2008.

1. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i usally don't ask for help with pricing but this one has me stumped i have 7 properties to bid on that want an esitmate on overseeding and aerating .the properties are from 1 1/2 acres to 6 acres. i will be seeding with a broadcast sprayer and cutting and bagging will not be needed . anybody have an idea what i should charge for the prperties

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I hope the equipment you listed is a joke and not what your really using. I charge $35 per 1000 sqf to slit seed and 4 times the mowing rate for aerating.

3. mowing grass 1111

yep its a joke .. i sat down and worked on the prices , i came up with something that i can live with. i turn the bid in on monday.....i hope like hell i get it. so far my prices have been to high this year ... kinda getting tired of bidding on stuff:cry:

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah same here. I have been getting about half of the landscaping jobs I bid on and none of the mowing jobs. When I give out a bid for mowing everyone tells me I'm to high when I'm thinking it was to low. I just can't believe how cheap people are mowing for these day's with prices the way they are. Everything I own is paid for and I still can't afford to mow as cheap as people are doing it for and even if I could its not worth it.

5. mowing grass 1111

i hear ya my mowers are paid for also ... including the new ztr sitting in the shop with 22 hours on it . the truck will be paid off in a year . i want to get more into the landscaping / water ponds side of the business and get away from the mowing . sometimes i think i should take my old job back as a QA supervisor at Hershey ... but then i would not have four months off to go hunting lol