need some help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mowerboy04, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

can u guys help me with this. i'm trying to convince my dad that i can make a living at running a landscapeing business. if any of u know of any web sites with good information or charts or any thing if u could please let me know. and also if any of u have good advice any thoughts would be greatly appricated.
    thanks
    alex

2. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

well this is a good enough site for me
    dang ur loaded! anyways how old r u? im 15 and next year im gettin a couple peices of equipment Hustler Mini Fastrak 42inch Simplicity pacer 34inch hydro

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Mowerboy04,

Can you show him that you are making money now and you plan on growing. Hopefully by going to college and getting a degree as you grow your business :)

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

be a kid while you can , plenty of time for work later..... just keep doing what you are, read learn, do a good job for the customers, you have and save money...... GO TO SCHOOL

at least until your 18 you wont be able to make a living mowing grass, you cant sign a contract

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Go down to the library, local bookstore, this site, etc. and start reading/obtaining info on putting together an solid business plan. After reviewing, revising, editing, and so on and so forth present this to your father. Have him review it and comment on it. Perhaps then he can see that you are serious and willing to put the time and effort necessary to make it in this business. good luck:waving:

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I know plenty of people (myself included at one time) who was told that this was not a good business to be in - to go to school and give up on being a "landscaper". It will be up to you to prove to others as well as yourself what you want to do, what you are capable of doing, and whether or not you can succeed. I am not telling you to not listen to your parents, but if you are serious and you know this is something you feel passionate about, show them.... be relentless - never stop...

Learning this business and learning success are not necessarily one in the same. Study great leaders and those who have been successful in the past. Learn about their hardships and naysayers, and see what they did to overcome the "doubters"....

Abraham Lincoln could not read and was told to become a farmer...

Michael Jordan was cut from his varsity basketball team....

Bill Gates was told that no one would ever need what he was creating....