Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnmasters05, Jun 20, 2006.

1. lawnmasters05

lawnmasters05 LawnSite Member

We have been taking care of the fence line for our community little league field this year keeping it weed eated and looking nice. The allstar games are going to be held there this year and I was approached about a quick solution to kill out the clover and green it up. I was thinking about the 3 in 1 Proscape put out by Lebanon Turf 19-3-9 with confront and mix a 9-9-9 with 11% iron put out by Best fertilizer for a quick green up. I explained that this would have to be watered in immediately or it would burn. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. They want the field looking good by the 5th of July.

Robert Butler
    Lawn Masters Landscaping Maintenance

Attached Files:

2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

not too sure what your attachment is about, but if you're looking for quick, nothing is quicker than a liquid iron app with your weed control of choice for dealing with the clover.

3. lawnmasters05

The attachment was a mistake, I was trying to use as my signature but still lacking some computer skills. If I sprayed the clover with speed zone, would the liquid iron green up the light brown patches quickly?

4. GreenUtah

from SLC, UT

yes, along with a heavy soaking of water as long as what you are calling "light brown patches" are not crunchy(overly drought stressed) or bug damage. hmmm...drought stress in portland, does that happen? More info on the patches please.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Speedzone should do a good job on the clover. Spraying liquid iron at the same time will green it up quickly UNLESS your soil pH is above 7. You might also consider spraying about 1/4 lb of Urea along with it.

6. lawnmasters05

The patches I was referring to is at times when using speedzone on turf areas with heavy weeds, I have experienced some lite browning of the turf. I think I will go with the liquid iron. Thank you all for the help

7. GreenUtah

from SLC, UT

make sure you apply as early in the morning as you can, when temps are at their lowest. mix at the lowest effective rate and use a surfactant instead of employing the "if a little is good, a lot must be great" method. This will help minimize herbicide damage on your turf and still get the knockdown you are after.

8. lawnmasters05

Thanks for your help. This is some great advertising for us. The field has never looked good so I really want to make this stand out as there will be alot of people from many different communities that will see our logo. Thanks again.

Robert