Need some help...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Cole_TX, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Cole_TX

Cole_TX LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I am a general contractor and I have a house that I am flipping and am running into brick walls, literally when coming up with ideas for cost conscious landscape in front of the house.

Any help is greatly appreciated!:clapping:

Here are some quick sketches I made, so don't be too harsh on them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Hey Cole , inside of that front wall would be a good sized patio, a nice circular paver install there would be a good first impression for buyers. As for the front of the house a 4-5 ft bed along the building would soften the brick add more curb appeal more $$$$ for you! Good luck!

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

No offense, but the words "general contractor" and "cost effective" stood right out in that paragraph. Nothing that I am going to suggest is going to be cheap enough for you. Just do what you need to get your inspection approved, and let the homeowner rip it all out and start over again. :clapping:

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

cost effective would be a poured patio and a shrub row, but you get what you pay for!

5. Cole_TX

Cole_TX LawnSite Member

Well, not all general contractors are cheap b**tards!!

I for one know that landscaping is a huge selling feature in homes and hold nothing back when it comes down to it. On all of my jobs, I have got back everything I put into it + more.

I said cost effective, because I don't think the neighborhood value will give me my return on a $10K landscape.