need some help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KY19, Nov 25, 2001.

1. KY19

KY19 LawnSite Member

I am starting my own mowing company and i need some help. I was wondering what size mower should I buy, and when to find the cheapest price on it. I will take any advice you can offer in order to help me out on any subject. It doesn't have to be just mowers. Thanks.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

One nice thing about this forum is the search feature. I put STARTING in the box and came up with 49 threads with several posts in each one on this same topic. Here is the search results.

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?...id=45707&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

We need to know if you are mowing small lawns, or huge commercial lawns on what size you should get. Give us a bunch more details on what you plan to do. The most popular size mower in most areas is in the 60" range.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ky19

Welcome to lawnsite I am sure lawnsite can help you the way it has helped me. Your question has been ask many times before and there are so many different answers that I can not remember them all.

Spend some time and read as many posts as you can. also use the search feature at the upper right hand corner of the screen. a little time spend reading will bring you up to speed real quick. Once again Welcome to Lawnsite.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome and let me be the first to say "eXmark". :D

The size of properties you plan to work in will dictate what size mower. You need to look at your target area and also will most of the properties have small gates for the backyards.