1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need some help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by alpinegroundmaintenance, Mar 15, 2012.

1. alpinegroundmaintenance

alpinegroundmaintenance LawnSite Member

OK here is what I have. Im going to open a supply store near my house. I have found a supplier, have the bobcat. The bucket size is 2/3 of a yard. IM not good with fractions, so dont laugh at me to bad. How many scoops can i get out of 80 yards. Im trying to keep my prices down to compete with the other stores around me. Luckly there is only two and they are way over priced. If anyone can break that down that would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. :cool2:
  2. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

On paper 120. If you heap the bucket less! Do you have someone to take the money?
  3. alpinegroundmaintenance

alpinegroundmaintenance LawnSite Member

I will be on site to collect money and load customers. IM starting out small so I dont spend more than I make. If anything I will hire a driver to run deliveries. thanks for the response though. im going to have to revamp my pricing around that now. IM trying to figure out how much each scoop will cost me.
  4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

2/3 yd = .66666666666666667 yd

or just .666 yd

80 yd/.666 scoop = 120.120 scoops