Need some help...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 9, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

This year is the first year that I switched over to a square foot measurement system. I have to admit that its great for the smaller lawns, but once you get into over 15,000 it just seems like it is way too much. I charge $3.00 per 1,000 feet.
    I have even tried to go $3.00 per feet for the first 15,000...then $2.00 for the next. But I still could never figure out a formula. We mostly work with two man crews and to cover overhead costs and everything we need to charge around $60 to $66 per hour for a two man crew. I have tried to break down the per hour into a square foot measurement system but it just still doesn't want to work for me. The larger yards in my opinion should get a little bit cheaper price per square foot than the smaller ones, but I just can't figure out a formula for it.

First of all, you have to remember that I live in a very small city. Prices can't be too high or too low. Edging doesn't need to be done everyweek up here. More like only 2 to 3 times a year. Medium trimming done in most places. I want to here from all price ranges, everything from formulas to prices per hour. I know that we have talked about this topic to death, but I just want to get refreshed on the idea, but my square foot measurement sucks!!