1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

need some help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newguy16, Jun 26, 2003.

1. newguy16

newguy16 LawnSite Member
    from Delware

Hello everyone, i'm a 16 year old kid who needs some help. I want to start a lawn service in my home state. I live in DE and I wanted to know if any of you knew what liscences I would need to obtain to start this business. And if you knew how I can obtain them. Thank you very much.

2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on your state. They probably have a website that will tell you exactly what you need. If you are just mowing, then you will probably only need a business license, which is real easy to get. In my state if you earn less than $12,000 per year you don't even need a business license, but it is probably different where you live. Get on the internet and look for your state's website, then spend a whole lot of time on this site just reading posts. It will help you out tons.

3. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM LawnSite Member

Check with all government agencies. Around here, it's as simple as making a trip to the County Court House. They gave us all the answers we needed. Do a search on the internet (as stated above). Type in your state .gov.

Good Luck!

Marshall