Need some help?

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by diggerman, Dec 4, 2000.

1. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I've got a 10ft cable control Western snow plow that angles very slowly,I am pretty sure that I have the cables adjusted properly.The lift works just fine ,but to occelate it from one side to the other takes forever.Any ideas?
  2. allabout

allabout LawnSite Member

If its the old western check at the pump first disconnect the cable up front see if it works by hand . or maybe binding cable or in joy stickbox
  3. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah the cables are working fine.
  4. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

It's electric/hydro right??

If it lifts OK then the motor/pump are working good. I'm not familiar with that setup, but I would look at the valves/pistons/hoses that work with the angle circuit. I'm sure you have the cables adjusted correctly.

5. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Also check pressure relief value,or the valve that allows plow to angle if it strikes an objest, may be hung up diverting fluid.
  6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Digger... that's how it started on the dump-truck I used to plow with. The plow started moving really slow (at first angling, then up & down too) and it got to the point where I would barely go up. Turned out to be the pump. Not sure if this is the same with yours or not... just trying to fore-warn you if it is.

7. crew

crew LawnSite Member

Had the same problem last year on , what i think is a similar rig. The cable adjustment was VERY SENSATIVE.Also- open the box on the pump where the cables go in and look at the contacts.Mine were grungy and bent. The final solution was disassembling the joy stick control and straightening and cleaning all contacts in there. Good luck.
  8. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Dig, just put some duct tape on it and don't worry about it. ---- your 'commercial' storm chaser buddy.