Need some neighbor help

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by wanabe, Mar 3, 2004.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Ok guys, what would you do? 2 years ago, I completly reseeded my lawn because it was starting to look bad. I now have a very nice yard, and the fescue is looking great, completly weed free, and no bare spots at all. Now all of a sudden I have a major problem on my hands. The neighbor kids decided to roll there basketball hoop over to the property line, so that every time the ball ends up in my yard. That is ok with me, but the damage has begun. It has been very wet here, so now I have bare mud spots in the yard, and the rest of it looks like a pasture from all the traffic. What can I do? I do not want to fight with my neighbors, but yet want this to end. I work at a commerical lawn care business, so I was thinking about putting up a few of the standard flags that we use after spraying or fertilizing, but I doubt it will stop them. What can I do?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Plant half a dozen or so Cockspur Hawthornes along the property line. OUCH!!!!
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Tall fences make good neighbors
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

pit bull?rottweiler? naked picture of my wifes mother? all 3 would scare the cr@p out of anybody
  6. Moe Fish

Moe Fish LawnSite Member
    from Fla

Is there a farm near you. You could put down some horse or cow s@#T and it would help the grass and they would not want to walk there
  7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Moe Fish. I definetly wouldn't go over there