1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need some professional advice!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by joshuea, Nov 11, 2005.

1. joshuea

joshuea LawnSite Member

Next summer will be my 2nd year of buisness and I was just wandering what the best way of advertisment would be, I just recently got busted for passing out flyers on the outside flag of peoples mailboxes. The post office told me that I should check out Saturation mailing or bulk mail, and pay 12 cents a copy to be mailed. Just wanted to know if that would be a good route or if I should do something else.
  2. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

:D Seems that most here, myself included, have had pretty good luck with door hanger type flyers. Your bulk mailer thing sounds fairly reasonable at twelve a throw.
  3. All Seasons lawn care llc

All Seasons lawn care llc LawnSite Member

Flyers and more flyers. Word of mouth works great and don't shy away from your friends. I have used local classified and that has gotten me 50 jobs over 6 weeks which is great but they are scattered. Direct mail is awesome but it is expensive. Just my 2 cents
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

try door hangers, referrals from current customers, newspaper ads, newspaper inserts
  5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I work for the Post Office. In order to do a bulk mailing, you have to set up an account and pay an annual fee which together will be 3-400 dollars. Mailing lists are 1-200 dollars. Then you pay for the actual mailing as well. You would be better off using the newspaper and passing out flyers, using yard signs, vehicle magnetics. Bulk mailing is only good when you do it monthly.