Need some quick flyer feedback!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

I'm getting 50,000 of these printed tomorrow so I need some feedback. Please all suggestions welcome. I have offered 15% on the flyer for yearly contracts but I'm changing that to 10%. Ive also set a "starting at" price which its my absolute bottom line and 95% of the time will be higher then that.

Please keep in mind these where printed drafts and then I took a picture of them with my digital camera so quality is crap. Colors will be much richer and it will be way higher resolution with gloss finish.

Front of flyer:

[​IMG]

Back of Flyer

[​IMG]

Business card front and back

[​IMG]

Changes so far:

- 15% to 10.
    - "yearly" contracts to "annual" contracts.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

2. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Your in canada too, damn I onced priced out full colour flyers and it was astronomical. and borderless to. I would be looking at 50 cents a 8.5x11, cut that in half (I'm assuming) and your going to spend 25cents per flyer just for delivery? $250 bucks plus 14% tax per 1000 half page flyers? I think my printer is a scammer.

3. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Hey Man - They look good. Good layout/design, good colors, good content. I like 'em. The only suggestion I might have is making the "Commercial and Residential" on your business card more like the flier to emphasize/separate it a bit from the list of your services. But again, they look great. Good Luck

4. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

I am paying about 4.6 cents per flyer. This is for a 5X7 on card stock, gloss, double sided full color. I am ordering 50,000 for $2300. Canada post's maximum size is 6 by 14 so this fits easy where as a full page does not work. A good printer is everything!

You read my mind. That is exactly what im going to do and make the 10% discount on the card a tad smaller. Keep the comments rolling!

Thanks
    Jeff

5. Lynden-Jeff

Any more feedback? I am goigng to approve them and would appreciate it!

Thanks
    Jeff

6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

They look nice but you're breaking a lot of rules that I follow but maybe it works for you.

1 of these rules is don't use your company name as a headline. Here is an adverstising critque that I try to follow, if I hit half the bases I'm lucky though.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kuraoka/flyer.htm

7. Lynden-Jeff

I read up some of that link and there are some good suggestions. I find it when companys use like "LAWN CUTTING" as the healine of there flyer it looks cheap. I really want to brand with my flyers which is why I have my company name at the top. Any more comments appreciated.

Cheers
    Jeff

8. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

When I see "lawn cutting" as a headline, I think of a part timer or neighborhood kid.. Something I've done that has gotten pretty good response is to put on advertisements "two free mowings" and naturally people call you just to see what the deal is and you sell them on a "service agreement" (sounds way better than just CONTRACT.) and explain that when you sign up for a new 12 month service agreement, they get the two free mowings. My personal policy is they pay up front for the first service then on the first invoice I take off one mowing and on the second invoice I take off the other mowing. Works really good and most of the time they just sign right up.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. The flyer itself looks great....but get rid of the "lawn cuttin'" thing. It is cheap. If you are going to offer mowing, then offer mowing - as a professional service...not that thar "grass cuttin'". Personally, I like Turf maintenance better.

10. Mac_Cool

Mac_Cool LawnSite Member

Love the flyer, don't like the business card.

The company name is too large on the business card and that looks amateurish to me (both the company and design)