Need some suggestions please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grasswhacker, Jun 28, 2005.

1. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

We are having a mild drought in KY, however I live right by a creek and want to set up some kind of way to use that water for my lawn, landscape and garden. Some landscape and gardens would be up to 500-700 ft away from where I would place the pump. I've never done anything like this before so any info would be helpful from the irrigation pros. TIA

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

need to know what kind of power source, elevation changes, amount of water in gallons per minute at peak use, budget, and the list goes on.
    Each state has different regs/laws about water source, protection, permitting, etc - you are going to have to contact a knowledgable contractor in your area.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Power source can either be electric or petro which ever is best. Elevation about 7 ft over a 40 ft span, then level to slightly down hill. Not sure of gpm, but don't want it to be too expensive. This is a DIY and no restriction for the creek as far as water use. No permit needed here in KY. Just cannot dam it up. Prolly need to keep the sediment out of the pipe also as not to plug it up.