Need Something For Leaves!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Dec 17, 2005.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys Im Looking At Something For Leaves For 06. I Lost My Walk behind when we split the partnership it was a JD 54in WB but it was crap but it was descent so now i got a TORO (OOO RIGHT) Z150 52in 20hp and a Craftsman 22hp 50in and a bagger for the Z is $1800:dizzy: but a new bagger for the Tractor is $400:gunsfirin but i want a walk behind and found a Toro T Bar on ebay in Springfield but my dad says i dont need another mower so im going to prob. get a bag off ebay for $299 proboably and then get gator blades for the tractor and Z but i dont know. Any Ideas On Picking Up Leaves For under $500.00payup Thanx!!:waving: (O Yea Im 12)

heres the link for the toro walk behind http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Toro-37-Wa...732193288QQcategoryZ50376QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:blob1: Dream Cut Lawn Care:blob1:

5x10 Carry On Trailer w/racks
    Craftsman 22.5hp 50in deck w/plow,weights,and chains
    (parents but get to start using it in 06) Toro Z150 52in deck 20hp Kohler
    6.5hp Craftsman Bagger Mower
    STIHL FS55RC Trimmer
    STIHL BG55 Blower
    STIHL FS44 Edger
    *Looking For A Bagger For Leaves*

Toro,STIHL,Chevy,and Carry On
    Can I Say Anymore?

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have the Toro Z449 52" 19hp kawasaki.... I put a mulch kit on it for about $200. It absolutely does a great job on leaves. Two passes does it most times and three if they are really heavy. Customers love the way it looks when Im done and no bags or leaves to contend with when Im done.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

we use a craftsman 42in deck and plow we use a bagger works just fine but its a home owner machine so wont last long also a bunton 52in wb with bagger and more

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

This is not in your price range but look into the Cyclone Rake http://www.cyclonerake.com/ this will work well with your Craftsman I have been using one for 7 years it's the only way to pick up leaves.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

Recently bought a 500 hr (used) Toro Z 320, very similar to a Walker but with the groundspeed of the Z-series. What I've been doing is propping the bagger hatch open for the first pass over the property to reduce the volume of the leaves, and then closing the hatch to vacuum everything up.

6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I use two mowers a 52 Torowb prolawn and a Walker ghs. Your Toro

is similiar to mine, I use it w gators no mulch kit to reduce the volumn

then pick up w walker, You could use your sears w bags as the pick up machine. If leaves are lite 1 pass w sears only.