1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Specs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WizKid, Nov 7, 2003.

1. WizKid

WizKid LawnSite Member
    from 70817

My subdivison has over 1100 acres of "common ground". This area has been cut by one man (an not very well) for years. It's been decided that this needs to be handed over to a commercial landscape contractor. I'm and interested in obtaining some generic or recently used spec so that I can craft them to our needs and get good bids in our area.

If anyone has any available, they can be faxed or emailed or, even regular mail will do.....

I need the help or some advice,

2. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I'm lost................What specs??
  3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Wiz referring to bid forms?
  4. WizKid

WizKid LawnSite Member
    from 70817

No. What I need is either a set of specs that some contractor has already bid on or a set of generic specs that a contractor or commercial/residential land owner may use when sending bids out.

The deal is, I have never written specs like this. This is a golf course community. so I'm really just looking for somewhere to start.......I just don't want to sit down at my computer facing a blank document and hope I get it right!?!?!?!?
  5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Try doing a search of the site for business and bid forms.
  6. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Go to a large apartment complex and ask for a bid packet. It will tell you what they want....Use that as a guide to make your own.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

if you do a search here on LS i'm sure you will find some good info.
    I don't like telling people to do that but......
    You can order some of Seans business templates as well to help you out.(Sean Adams- owner of lawnsite.)
  8. WizKid

WizKid LawnSite Member
    from 70817

Thanks for all the quick responses to my posting. I've also called some local contractors who have given me some details. In the end, I think a good bid specification will be written......thanks folks.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

10. WizKid

WizKid LawnSite Member
    from 70817

Thks Eric,

That's pretty innovative.....fortunately, we don't have snow that often her in Baton Rouge, La.!!! But the rest of the doc. gives good ideas for "line items".