need spreader and aerator advice for my ExMark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FlyingZ06, Jul 2, 2007.

1. FlyingZ06

FlyingZ06 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have seen some on JRCO and Lenco and would like to attach to my ExMark Z CT 66" deck.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks! I tried to post in the ExMark section, but the moderators first have to approve them.

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i made my own attachments using the jrco mount, but wouldnt buy their products as they are too high and nuilt weak.

I have heard alot of complaints in my area about the aerator.

You could buy any electric brodcast unit nd mount the the front of your mower for a cheaper price than jrco.

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i made my own attachments using the jrco mount, but wouldnt buy their products as they are too high and nuilt weak.

I have heard alot of complaints in my area about the aerator.

You could buy any electric brodcast unit nd mount the the front of your mower for a cheaper price than jrco.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I am not sure I'd use their aerator. I don't think I like the design, though I did talk to someone at JRCO extensively about it and he talked it up good but nobody seems to use it, and that says something.

The spring-tine aerator seems like a good piece and I'm planning on buying one for the springtime though.

5. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I heard bad things about the aerator.

What I do, is i made myself a little 'trailer' hitch for the mower. (You can buy one for about $65 from your exmark dealer). i "RENT" the tow behind aerator from my local rental store. The big one, that uses 5-5gal jugs of water on it to put weight on. It costs me about $30 for the day to rent.

As far as spreaders, check these out:

http://www.outsidepride.com/store/catalog/ATV-Spreaders-p-16222.html

6. FlyingZ06

from IN

I was thinking about the pull behind aerator and not JRCO's. The one from J looks kind of crazy.

So buy the JRCO mount and find another spreader....sounds good. thanks for the help guys and any additional input is appreciated!!!

7. FlyingZ06

from IN

Thanks again for the reply.