need storage ideas

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by clc19chase, Aug 12, 2008.

1. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

just wondering what you guys use for storing fittings,nozzles, and all the supplies. I work out of a enclosed trailer with 2 shelves in the front. right now Im using the boxes that fittings come in. just wanting to get better organized. pictures would be greatly appreciated if possible. thanks
  2. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Tackle boxes for nozzles, milk crates for fittings.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the Stanley clear lid and gray Lexan parts boxes with the yellow rearrangeable interior boxes... they're something like $15 ea. @ Home Depot.

And they stack nicely inside my Stahl service body compartments.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a couple Rainbird Noz boxes for nozzles. I bought some deeper containers that fit them from Cabela's.

For 1/2, 3/4 and 1" fittings, I use dividable grid storage containers for keeping things separated. They are pricey, but you can look in and find what you need quickly without fumbling through a sea of small fittings. It also makes seeing what you are running out of relatively easy. You can make the compartments as big or as small as you want. I use the DG93080 and DG93120. You have to buy both short and long dividers and lids, so they can get up into a few dollars. Don't get anything smaller than the 8" deep ones. The 12" work better for 1" fittings.

On a small repair job, I just reach in and grab what I need. On installs or bigger repairs, I take the three containers out and set them near where I am working.
  5. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

one idea I will share, for installs I took a 5 gallon bucket, built a divider to where there are 4 sections in the bucket. I keep slip 90's, slip T's, service 90's and service T's in this. the service 90's and service T's already have the threaded barbs in them also.
  6. evergreensolutions

evergreensolutions LawnSite Member

I use a 3500 cargo van with a plumber rack and shelving system. Has about 40 bins and shelves for fittings and tools and a ladder rack on top for pipe and ladders. Works great.
  7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Ive got two 3500 vans with the same setup.
    I also have a crewcab service body truck with individual side bin compartments for storing all necessary components.
  8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Gonna get a YUGO with the glove box option and a pipe rack
  9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

This one should fit that Yugo nicely:

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Nice! I've got a tenor and alto.