Need suggestion on 12v pump for pre M sprayer.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ACA L&L, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

So last year we were gonna build a sprayer that was run by a 12 pump for the pre m sprayer, we went with a roller pump as i had an engine laying around. This year we want to build a 12v sprayer on a 200 gallon tank, to help minimize space on the trailer, this way we can attach all the pumps and reels onto the unit itself, Im looking to spray 40-60 psi and agitate the mix with one pump, and not spend over 150$-200 for the pump, for that money i could build a nice roller pump set up( pump $100, engine$200, fittings $60). Any suggestions would be awesome, we usually only fill up 100-150 gallons a day and use this for a few months outta the year, its a square tank, i can build a roller pump in my sleep, looking at all the 12v makes me dizzy..........

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

There are electric pumps that might be able to do what you want. However I do not think they run under $200. I priced out some electric pumps for a possible account in a resort community. No gas engines before 8 AM and I want to be done and out of there before 9. For 200 PSI and 4 GPM, I was looking at around $700. About as much as a Hypro D252

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You don't really need that much pressure. The 1 gal per minute leectric pumps run about $60 at Tractor Supply Company. Or get the bigger model like the use on the Z-spray bigger but more expensive.