Need suggestion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by molerat, Dec 3, 2002.

1. molerat

molerat LawnSite Member

I have a custumer that is a Business, He what'd an Est. on Hydroseeding a Retention pond. I gave the Estimate. Midway through the job he added things on. At the end of the job, I gave him the Invoice on all the jobs I performed. He is wondering how the bill can be so high, because of the square footage. I went out and measured the job I what do you know , I came up with the same square footage. He won't even go and measure it himself! He want's a detailed list on how I measured it, how much material I used Etc. & I do not what to give him one. I'm looking suggestions with this Guy. Thanks

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Did you have a written contract or proposal that he accepted ??
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No offense intended, but I sure hope the written information you give your customers is more legible then your post. I've read it twice and can't make heads or tails of it.
  4. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I would be more than happy to give him a detailed list of things I done, and be sure to remind him that he added other things in the middle of the job and you may have to remind him what he added, and tell him that's where the added cost came from. If you have to "eat" this one, it is a good learning experiece. I've had to eat a few myself in my 2 summers as a commercial mower but I learned and hopefully won't make that mistake again!

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

And written change orders Outlining the things he added or changed ??