Need suggestions for an LED linear spread strip light...

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bcg, Mar 26, 2013.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I'm working on a bid for this house and am going to be putting a couple of fixtures on top of the crown molding over the entry to uplight the 2nd story. I'd really like a very compact LED strip light that I can mount flat on top of the crown and have it hidden from view. I'm thinking 3 or 4 emitters (about 4" - 6" long), depending on the lumens per, and don't really want anything super bright as I want the light level to be close to what it would be if we were lighting from ground level.

I'll probably be using Cast bullets on the round stone area of the house to the right of the entry so I need something in the same color temp range but the stucco will only be lit by the strip lights so if I can find something a little warmer, that will work as well.

Anybody have any suggestions? I know I've seen what I'm looking for somewhere but I can't remember where.

Thanks!

a.png

2. GPM

GPM LawnSite Member
    from WNY

This is just a suggestion but check out the LF by FX Luminaire. It has an orange filter that will soften the color temp. Or and I cant see the picture due to the tree, how about a nightscaping mini stylist down lighting on the peak above that window. Just my 2 cents... Good luck..

3. Steve Atkinson

Steve Atkinson LawnSite Member

Try this: http://www.brillianceled.com/rigidbar.html

Available in 3-6-9-12 diode pre-manufactured lengths, warm white, and can be ordered in custom lengths up to 6ft long. Rated for outdoor applications and using a standard landscape lighting transformer. Internal driver with 6ft lead wire.

4. bcg

from Tx

Steve, that just might work. Are they 120* spread LEDs? And there would be no problem with them mounted so that the emitters were facing up?

5. Steve Atkinson

Steve Atkinson LawnSite Member

Yes, full spread. The diode spacing is tight enough to avoid spotting. And the bar is completely sealed to the atmosphere so you can mount facing up.

6. bcg

from Tx

Steve, any chance you guys have a photometric chart for this? My distributor is getting me a sample to try out but it'd be nice to see the data first.

Thanks.

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Steve, are there any on-line places to purchase your products? I refuse to give my business to the the local distributor that carries your products.

Thanks

8. indylights

indylights LawnSite Member

Hey Tim,

If the supplier you won't give business to is automatically eliminated (if you catch the meaning without naming names) I know the local national chain nursery in town can get Brilliance as well. And if we are thinking of the same distributor, I refuse to give them my business also. Have a good Easter.

Scott Maloney
    Sunflower Landscapes

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Ha, too funny, good play on words. Thanks Scott.

I'll give Jeff a call over at JDL