1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need suggestions for truck lettering

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sea ox, Jan 10, 2012.

1. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

So I bought a vinyl cutter and am working on lettering my truck and trailer. This is what I have so far. I centered the logo on the front door and centered the phone number between the 2 doors. I want to put something on the back door but im not sure what. I don't really want to list a bunch of services on the truck.. I might do that to the trailer since I am pulling my trailer 90% of the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh I edited the picture so I didn't get any prank calls :laugh:

Attached Files:

2. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

Lets try this again....

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Kinda hard to read. :laugh:

Looks nice.
  4. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that looks great. Simple and not too over powering.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

Thanks! I guess I will just leave it like that for now. This sign stuff aint easy. I had a few rough drafts. hahah
  6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you find it was worth it after all to get the vinyl cutter? How much do you have into the whole vinyl setup money wise?
  7. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

I have around 2k invested. I got a quote for around $1500 to have my truck and enclosed lettered. If I added up everything I have spent on signs, lettering, and shirts since I have been in business (6 years) this thing would have more than paid for itself by now. I like being able to make something whenever I need it and not having to wait for the sign guy. I plan on making a bunch of shirts and lawn signs too. The vinyl is really inexpensive. A roll of 24"x30' 6 year outdoor vinyl is only $30. I did my whole truck and trailer with 2 rolls. I can make money with it as a side business too. Sign work has a huge markup.
  8. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

great idea, im getting a vinyl cutter next week, we have 7 trucks and 5 trailers.

we also print our own tee shirts

cut out the middle man, good idea
  9. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

How are you printing the tshirts?? How much equipment and what kind do you have for that?

To the OP- How has it been learning to get the vinyl on and centered and installed properly, etc etc?
  10. professional

professional LawnSite Member

Off subject here, but in the pic, it looks like when you open the suicide door, it would hit the lever for the dump bed. That must not happen because the door looks fine. Is it the angle of the pic that make it look that way? Also, love that truck!