need suggestions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by larry1189, Sep 1, 2005.

1. larry1189

larry1189 LawnSite Member

I was asked to give a bid on a job. The work would be taking care of shrubs, daylillies, hostas, ect.. Pruning, fertilizing, some spot reseeding, and mowing and trimming, and some edging. The mowing will take about four hours, that includes trimming. My question is, how to bid the landscape care. There will be some replacement of a few trees and shrubs as well. I have to remove about 30 rose bushes and replace with shrubs. There are just alot of things, and it gets a little confused cause I don;t want to cut myself short. Remember we only have about four months in a growing season in Northern Minnesota. Thanks

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Bid the removal and replanting work seperately than the mowing.Charge a "Clean-up fee"to get the landscape into shape,"A Lawn renovation and mowing"and then removal anmd replacement charge.Break it down to 3 seperate jobs and bid them and work them that way too.I can't give you more help than that without more details on the job spacifics ,ascess?,are you removing the debri?how big are the roses?how much pruning ?How many beds how many trees remove and replace how big?how big replacement shrubs what size??.