1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need summer lawn care?ask a teen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lugnut#6, May 29, 2006.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

this was part of my subdivisions HOA newsletter.

guess im not "affordable"

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

"Summer lawn care businesses" .. more like "Summer hobby for the first couple weeks until the mall looks more inviting"
  3. jeepfreak91

jeepfreak91 LawnSite Member
    from NC

not all teens are like that
  4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

whats hoa?
  5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

home owner association or civic association
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd go to the next meeting and complain.

If you could figure out who's on the board, see if you can figure out if any of them are self employed and ask them if they would like it if you started promoting people to go into competition with them, even though you have absolutely no idea, nor care anything about the industry that they're part of, other than "it looks like something to do for the summer".
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Not to mention the HOA adding to their liability by promoting to their residents to hire in non-insured "businesses".

I bet if you run that line by them, you will never see that GREAT IDEA again in print.

Also looks like a reverse ad by some cheapskate looking for some slave labor at his house.
  8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously, I would say something to the HOA. Put an end to this non-sense.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Most of these people have more dollars than sense. They would forego the liability to save a few bucks, because afterall, it could never happen to them. Another thing that's funny, is that when school kicks back in in the fall, they are left high and dry looking for a REAL service to take over what the kid and his bicycle and pushmower can't handle.
  10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that was meant to slam you just the way they italicized affordable lawn service. See they should change it to lawn butchering service.