Need the story set straight!! 2011 FORDS

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by meets1, Dec 28, 2009.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The mileage on the newer diesels isn't that great till about 10,000 miles or so. Then it gradually gets better. The DPF burn-off hurts but not as bad as some say.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

that 6.2 is goin to be a badass motor if it turns out anything like the 6.0.

I hate a gas 3/4ton truck, but honestly I love my 2500hd with the 6.0. It'll flat out get up and go!

3. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

What they should do for pickup truck diesels is reduce the power levels, there is no need for 700-800 ft/lb torque in a pickup. Then you might start seeing some decent fuel mileage figures. But I guess like anything its all about marketing and someone always has to have the bigger dick

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Reduce the power levels? Seriously? If you actually tow close to what these things are rated for, you wouldnt be saying that. And the fuel mileage is directly related to the emissions crap. My F250 6.0 has around 600 hp (depending on what tune I use) and i can get 18mpg highway.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

6.7 a huge V-8.:laugh: That equals about 408 CI and cars long ago had engines that big. In a small block size. AMC ran a 401 in the same block size as a 290. 40 years ago. Chevy 454 and Ford 460 V-8s were big engines. When you want to talk about a huge block V-8 gas engine, step up to 8 liters or more.

6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Try towing a load in the mountains. Then you'd see the need for high torque levels. To keep 15K lbs moving at 65 MPH up a 5% grade takes a good bit and having more to spare is never a bad thing.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

you'll never have enough power.. :usflag: