need thoughts , quick

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kpetzold, Jan 28, 2008.

1. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

i have found a 04 ferris hydro cut 36 " 13 horse kaw, comes with jungle wheels and grass gobler, has about 200 hrs , use commercial but not hard use , 1000.00 , man says every thing works great and is tight machine , going to look tommorow, good price or bad, i will try to talk him down some , what are some major things to check , like hydro and how do i check it . thanks karl .

2. lawnmagicinc

lawnmagicinc LawnSite Member
    from jax fl

if it looks good runs good tack it

3. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

he said it ran like new , looks alittle oler than it is because of storeing outside . thanks for the reply seems everytime i post here noone ever replys, thanks again , karl

4. zima

zima LawnSite Member

good price for a hydro go get it and post some pictures

5. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

thanks alot , ill do that. karl

6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Sounds really good to me. He must be getting rid of it for a reason, you always find belt drives for cheap, but never hydro. Be sure you run it to be sure all is in check.

7. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

i know how to check the engine good, and the deckspindles and all, but how is a good way to check the hydro is working prop. thanks karl

8. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

start it up and try it for alittle,listen for strange noises,check fluids etc...etc... do they make a single hydro like the quick?? If its a dual then it sounds like a great deal to me!!

9. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

everything i read says single hydro, i asked the guy but he sounded a little confussed, but sounded like he was leaning to the single hydro , said it was real strong tho . karl

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

The hydros should be very responsive and not make any strange sounds. A whining sound is normal especially if the engine is at low RPM. With only 200 hours it should still be working like new.