1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Tips for push mowing wet grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THEoneandonlyLawnRanger, Apr 27, 2007.

1. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, i have 2 yards i have to mow with a 21inch push mower either today or tomorrow, its not raining now but it did this morning and its calling for it tomorrow, so more than likely the grass is gonna be wet, I can mow all day in the rain with my walkbehind mower but the push mower is a little different story, I have a 3n1 push, bagging and mulching are pretty much out of the questions so that leaves me with side discharging i guess, Are there any tips for mowing wet grass with a push mower besides "Dont Do it at all"?? I think i might spray some fluid film on the deck to make the grass from sticking too bad. any suggestions would be appreciated
  2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

i've heard gator blades aren't the best for cutting in wet grass so check your blade...and while you're at it sharpen it...
  3. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Raise the deck and cut it. Then lower the deck and cut it agian in a crossing pattern.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, double or triple cut if you need to. Start with the deck high, then come down an inch or two every additional cut. We cut in the pouring rain here, no way around it.