Need tires for 40-year-old mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by LarryF, Apr 8, 2006.

1. RKA

RKA LawnSite Member

Google search for Hahn Eclipse mowers took me to LawnSite.com forum.
    LarryF on 4-8-06 had posed the exact question that I have. Where can I find Hahn Eclipse tires (#330875) for an OLD 22" Power Pro self propelled mower.
    The discussion seemed to be between LarryF (Posts 455) and fishinpa (Posts 247) in April 2006.
    If LarryF , fishinpa or anyone has info about where to find tires please advise.
    I have a couple of these old Hahn Eclipse Pwer Pros with manuals and some parts if anyone is interested.

2. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It sure surprised me to see this thread come back again. I'm still here and so is my Hahn Eclipse, but I don't use it any more. I replaced it with a Quick 36 for those parts of my lawn that need a walk-behind mower. I drained the gas and put it on the back shelf, so to speak. I never did find new tires for it, so if anyone knows of a source, I'd like to know about it too. I'm curious though. Are RKA and I the only two in the world who still have this mower?

3. RKA

RKA LawnSite Member

Tires for the old Hahn Eclipse Power Pro mowers must be hard to find. Still very interested in info about them if anyone can reply.
    I have a couple of these mowers that obviously need tires but I will consider giving up the mowers and manuals and parts to someone that needs them.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

try
    HTML:
    coker.com
    they specialize in old/vintage size tires
    they have a farm/equipment page you can e mail them
    Dont know but its worth a shot

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a google search for R & R Products- they stock some of the older golf course equipment, maybe something will match up. Also could try Miller tire in Wasseon, OH, I seem to recall some small mower semi pnuematics in thier catalog. Good luck!

7. LarryF

Thanks for trying guys. As suggested, I looked at coker, R&R and Miller, but I didn’t see anything. I had shown photos of what the Hahn Eclipse tires look like in my first post, but there doesn’t seem to be a tire like that anywhere.

8. DiyDave

LarryF I just happened to be in Miller's catalog today, looking for something else, and saw a tire that looks very similar to what you are looking for. After I saw your post today, I went to their site, it doesn't show the tire shown in their catalog. I suggest you either call them direct, or request a hard copy of their catalog, or drop them an e-mail. If you can post the dimensions of the tire you are looking for, I can compare to the listing in the catalog I have. Need width, diameter inside and out, and number of drive cleats on the inner dia. of the tire.

9. LarryF

Thanks Dave,

I sent email to them and included a copy of the first post showing the photo. I also added data about the tire width as well as inside and outside diameters. (1 3/4", 6 3/4" and 10 1/4"). Let's see what happens.

Larry

10. DiyDave

I think that's the exact tire that they sell, I think it was on page 16 of their catalog. Price was$ 20.00 per. Good luck.