1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need tires for 40-year-old mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by LarryF, Apr 8, 2006.

1. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

"Said they'd cut the old one off" I didn't have to do that, and I showed the old tire and the rim it was removed from in Post #1. As you said, that was six years ago, so I don't remember exactly how I got the old one off an the new one on, but it wasn't very difficult to do. I do recall lubricating the new tire and using big C clamps to persuade it to slip onto the rim. Most of my mowing is done with a ZTR, but I have some hills I won't use it on, so I have to do those with a walk-behind. The Hahn Eclipse was for those, but I replaced it with a 15HP, 36" BOP mower a few years back and therefore haven't been using the Hahn Eclipse. I drained the gas from it and it's been sitting unused ever since. I still think it's a good mower, however.

2. Cedar22

Cedar22 LawnSite Member

Still wondering how to get hold of "Miller" (?), or wherever you said still had old Hahn Eclipse tires or wheels. the place for old Hahn Eclipse tires and wheels. My "cogged" tires on wire wheels are shot and would like to find replacements. Cedar22

3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I showed Miller's URL in post 59. But I have no idea if he will have what you are looking for. Why don't you take a picture of what you have and send it to them. The email address is millertire@bright.net

4. Cedar22

Cedar22 LawnSite Member

Many thanks! Will do. Cedar22