need to build a spreader rack that fits on my ride-on-spreader rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Nov 28, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am looking to build a rack that will hold my lesco spreader on my ride on spreader rack? on someware on the front bumper?
    i donot like to place the lesco unit in the bed of my p/u.
    anthony

2. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

Lesco sells brackets for mounting their spreaders on the trucks. They even sell one that mounts into the receiver hitch. You have to specify which type of spreader you have. there is a height difference between the 4:1(old style)vs the 5:1(new sealed gearbox). All units are made with stainless steel. Westheffer Supply also sells different types of mounting systems

3. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anthony - That will probally have to be custom fabbed. An idea to keep in mind. Make it so that you don't have to take the ride on unit off to get to the push spreader. You don't want to have to take the time to unload the ride on unit every time you use the walk unit.

I don't know why PermaGreen didn't make a rack that would also hold a push spreader. While their unit is nice, it is not a 100% replacement for a push unit.

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I had mine custom fabbed when I had my Perma-Green.

A needed item and it worked great.

I wonder if I still have that laying around.....

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

lazer: how was your ride on rack with the lesco spreader set up?

fireball:
    i asked lesco they only have the one that goes in the hitch.is that the one your are talk about?

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

The Lesco unit sat just in front of the Ride-On. (Port side of the vehicle) The wheels sat in front and the handle was aft.
    A clevis/pin held the spreader at the front lift handle.

Actually built 2 that way. Worked perfect. Now if only I had a digital camera...