1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need to build Zmax carrier rack for F-550

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenAcresFertCo., Feb 16, 2012.

1. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Tru Green just picked up some units today. I sent them a message to find out where they had it made. This Tru Green is out of Ohio.
  2. GreenAcresFertCo.

GreenAcresFertCo. LawnSite Member

Shane just responded on fb. They're from Monroe truck, which I've contacted before but that is the biggest one they make. It looks to be 36 inches or so. I'm needing 54. Any thoughts?
  3. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Here is a flyer of a company that did one of our customer's trucks.

Attached Files:

4. GreenAcresFertCo.

Thats Bad Ass, is that for a Max?...Thanks
  5. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

I think that is just a sample of their work.
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks nice but I would want to see something in writing that says if the rack falls off the truck that they could be held responsible. If they would build a munt system like a snowplow uses then it would be safer but to rely on reciever hitches that are deigned to pull rather than have weight hanging on them? I don't think that is a good idea.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

with the tailgate spreasers we weld studs on the tail gate to help take the weight
    like the ones used on 3pt hitch farm tractors
    slide it in the hitch and clip it to the tailgate
  8. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i would think you could goo to a fab or welding shop in town and they could make one up for you. i am sure my shop could build something...

but i am way to far from you.......
  9. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

I just spoke with Jim Isely at Monroe Truck (800-356-8134). Their current 2.0 carrier is 46" wide and 72" long. That is the model in the TG pictures. I showed him the pictures on this thread and told hum he should join Lawnsite and log on and answer peoples questions. He said he would. Their carriers are engineered for 1200 #'s and use 2 receivers. They also make a receiver hitch for it that bolts on to the outside of the truck frame rails.

If there is enough interest out there he said they could design a wider unit for a z-max.
  10. GreenAcresFertCo.

I talked to someone at the Monroe truck in Flint and he said he had to run it past his engineers to make sure 1200 pounds would be safe for the center of gravity of the truck. He said they would make me a custom one if it passes the engineers. Tell Jim Isely I will be the ginny pig if its free:drinkup: