Need to do a rain dance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MoyerLawnCare, Jul 20, 2002.

1. MoyerLawnCare

MoyerLawnCare Guest

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but here in Indiana if we don't get any rain soon we're going to be SOL! Does anyone know the steps to a rain dance? lol

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I hear ya man, a couple of the towns I work in have not had rain since May! :confused: Many of the sprinkled lawns are croaking at a rapid pace. They are calling for a 40 percent chance Monday, but I am not holding my breath. Soon I will run out of bushes to do, and will have to look into painting yards green. I wonder how the farmers are fairing?

Hiyiyaya Hiyiyaya

Jay

3. jay
    Its the same over on the other side of the border in illnois even the ones with sprinkler systems are getting brown in spots.Both trucks been comeing back early last week .
    Well anyway i missed the heat not being able to work any last couple weeks:D

4. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Jack

Yeah, I know what ya mean. The few I have in Lansing look like they been in a fire. That clay with no water makes for some poor grass.

Hey Jack, how is the eye? Did the doc fix ya up, or are ya still procrastinating? :)

Take care
    Jay

5. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Rain on Monday?

The last time that the weather was forcasted properly was when Noah was told by God that it would rain!

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Robert

Truer words have not been spoken. :D

7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I've given up on lawn mowing for now. I'm hiring out Zoe the JEFFEX mascot to seek out and attack illegal watering during the water ban in our drought srticken area.

sprinkalator.jpg

8. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

That makes me mad. I have a lot of customers who have sprinkler systems, but since the drought started, there was an article in the paper saying not to water your lawn if you can help it. Last week , out of 50 customers I only mowed 8. That stinks. Oh well I am getting stuff done around the house that wouldnt of got done till the winter. Hope it rains soon so I dont have to go find another job. Later

Lasher

9. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I am still looking for some rain here in southern md last time we got some was about a month ago.

steve:(

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Supply and demand. I could bottle some up for say $50 per bottle. :cool:

One of the trucks has about 1'to2' of water in the back of it while we were gone to Louisville. Got some very hard rains this weekend.