Need to downsize, but having problems......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 11, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm at the point where I'm overmaxed. Yes I'm solo and I have no desire to expand and hire help. Been there, done that. My problem is that I don't have any accounts I can drop. I have eliminated all the PITA accts years ago. The accts I'm left with are either easy money and/or the customers are way too nice and I don't have the heart to dump them. They need me more then I need them. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Throw a few this way...

3. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

How far are you from me? I could come over and help with some maybe. I am in Murphy, NC 20 miles from TN line. Far western corner.

Could make a day of it and do some. I have lost alot of my customers due to economy and low ballers.

Let me know. PM or call 828-361-4238

David Ott
    Spring Meadows

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

I'm in the western corner, Northern western corner. Boone to be more exact. Believe it's a 3 hr hike for you. Our economy is booming, thanks to a large college and many seasonal residents.

5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you bragging or complaining? LOL Help out your competitors or help start a new guy up.

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LOL Maybe both!!! I'm stuck with these accts, whether it be gravy train $$, or I'm attached to them. Keep in mind that I have been servicing some of these accts for 18 years.

7. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Who ever you get to help you, take them with you and cut them together a few weeks and let your accounts get to know them. Then back out slow.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Look at your travel accounts...those that take longer to get there dump them.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

Wish it was this easy. My route is as tight as a 15 year old Catholic girl!! I have 60 accounts and if I put a pin in the center of em, the radius wouldn't be more then 3 miles to the furthest account.

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

" 15 Year old -------- girl" never heard that one ,,Funny-
    Are you accounts priced right? I might be willing to come help for a day to ease the load. Hot on the flat lands now, would be nice to work in the cool air of Boone for a while. Come Aug pick up an ASU guy part time to finish the year out.
    You have a good problem.