1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need to figure out how much my mower is worth...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, Jan 16, 2007.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I haven't been on here in a while, but I am about to graduate college this May, and so I don't think I will be needing my commercial mower or my lawn trailer anymore. I wanted to get some of your opinions regarding how much it is worth...

My mower is a Husqvarna WHF4818 (Kawasaki 2 cyclinder 18hp motor).
    It is a hydrostatic mower, with really nice controls (not pistol). I forgot what they call their control system, but it is far superior to pistol grips in every way. It is a 48" cut. The mower has 3 summers worth of use (so maybe one real season to a full time commercial user). I think it is a 2004 model. It retails for $5200 origionally. The mower is in pretty dang good condition, I don't think it has any problems except for the usual scratches. What do you think this is worth?

The trailer is a 5x10 with 4 foot sides (landscaping style trailer). Any idea what this is worth?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

3 to 4 thousand on the mower, 1 grand on the trailer. I gave the trailer more then normal because of the high sides.

Any other opinions?
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

If I was shopping fore that mower I'd be happy to get it at $3k ....n as a seller I'd be happy to get $3800-4000

Check on eBay n look at Completed sales to get a feel ....of coarse local market can change

Good Luck

When is the best time to sell? I imagine its coming up soon, since Spring is just around the corner. I'd be glad to get about $3k for it... it has about 3 summers on it like I said (and although not too much use, thats still 3 years old). Anyway, I'm about to start advertising it pretty soon, so I appreciate your and anyone elses opinions on it's value.