1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need to find a very deep set well light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightLightingFX, Sep 19, 2008.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

As a request from an architect, I need to find a well light that has the lamp set very deep. This well light fixture needs to be fully contained and preferably made of brass and has a grate cover. I am thinking the lamp needs to be a least an 2.5 inches deeper than the top lens. Is there anything like that out there?
    ~Ned

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure there is. Call CopperMoon. I know they have one of the deepest out there. Personally I would actually prefer them to raise it a little bit more. If you want tomorrow I have one on the shelf I can drop a Mr in there and measure for you. But If it still isnt deep enough for you. I'm sure they can trim down the mounting stems and retap them lower. If not I can do it for you.

3. NightLightingFX

Thanks for the input. CopperMoon was one I was thinking about, and I just remembered Atom has one also. I would prefer to work with CopperMoon. I met Doug the owner of CopperMoon at the last AOLP meeting - I real nice guy and has great products.

4. S&MLL

Did you want me to measure that for you?

5. NightLightingFX

S&MLL,
    Thanks for the effort. Don't worry about it. I had to make an order for some of CopperMoon's CM360s and so I added on a CM390 to try out. What do you think of the CM360? It's lamp isn't set very deep - maybe you would like that fixture better.
    ~Ned

6. S&MLL

Ive used both I like both of them. Very solid construction. I have not had them in the ground for more then a year so I cant comment on the longevity of the wells. But they seems solid. Plus doug and wade are great guys over there.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

HEy Ned, we sell an 18" deep well light. We got what you need. Contact me on monday as I am working remotley.

8. NightLightingFX

I think the perfect deep lamp well light fixture might be Cast's "MR-16 Well light"
    ~Ned

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Ned. I would recommend you look at the Nightscaping Vermeer or if you really want deep the Bruteliter. Both are cast brass, never leak (in my experience) and are guaranteed for life. Excellent products.

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Ned I got your email...I will get you info in the AM! Its bassiclly a 18" F225 or Apollo