NEED TO FIND CHEAPER FILTERS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLC, Apr 19, 2000.

1. DLC

DLC LawnSite Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CHEAPER AIR FILTER FOR THE KOLHER ENGINES?ALSO AFTERMARKET OIL FILTERS AS IN FRAM ECT...

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

What Kohler? Do you have the Kohler #'s available? If so I can tell you where to find the oil filters.

3. DLC

DLC LawnSite Member

1997 20HP

4. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

ah, yes. the bargain filter. but remeber my son....cheaper is not always better. :)<br>my the force be with you on your filter hunt.<br>and let me know what you find, lol.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Napa,it was 10 bucks.How much was the kohler filter?I would stay away from Fram,buy a Wix,baldwin,or purolator.the frams are known to come apart,instantly frying your motor by pushing filter media thru it.The Napa and Big A filters are both Wix in a different box.I'd like to pay around 5 bucks tops for a filter,thats what it costs for my trucks.These 25 hp's dont require a special filter,but we get charges a(special) high price.Let us know if u find some for around 5 bucks<p>----------<br>John D<br>

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 25 hp,2000 model<p>----------<br>John D<br>

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My 25 Kohler takes a Purolator L10241 ($3), Purolator PureOne PL10241 ($6) or Wix 51348. I use the PureOne. My advice, stay away from Fram.<br>

8. DLC

DLC LawnSite Member

THANKS KEITH!!! ALSO SOMETHING TO TRY I USE PANTYHOSE AND WD40 AS A PRE FILTER IVE BEEN DOING THIS ON MY SPRINTCAR FOR YEARS. JUST NEED TO CLEAN THEM EVERY DAY

9. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Go to http://mowerparts.safeshopper.com for your commercial mower parts.<p>----------<br>http://mowerparts.hypermart.net<br>

10. Alan

Alan Member

Ah yes,, the search for &quot;chep&quot; filters. If you save $1 on a filter and you change every 50 hours that 2 cents an hour you have saved. And if your bargain filter is not doing as good a job removing particulates from the oil/air/fuel how much are you losing in incresed engine wear? If you can find a name brand filter that will work you are probably ok, but the no-name filters are probably a very poor way to save money in the long run.