1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need to get a website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Fairway127, Jul 11, 2012.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great. As a suggestion, you could probably do better if they addressed the lack of some basic seo elements on your home page. The lack of content, which is not the absolute worst thing in the world, can be overcome by reworking the graphical text headings on your images as H tag overlays, alt tags for your images, and tweaked from there.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Those oblivious, shotgun approach calls are awesome, aren't they? I have one nationally targeted, high traffic retail site that ranks top 3 for the relevant keywords we target and I still get those calls. If I'm in the mood, it's fun wasting their time.

3. GroundOneMN

GroundOneMN LawnSite Member

Yes, and that is part two this winter, we are a referral based business, that wanted a sleek and very elegant website that also has some info. We werent out to be SEO crazy off the bat and knew we were going to lose due to the lack of front page content. But in the end the wesite represents our work and our capabilities.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Better yet is the so called directory that has everything right except you number. You decide to log on to correct the "free" listing. Within 5 minutes you have gotten 15 phone calls offering to help your google rank from someone in india. At one point the calls will coming so fast they were nailing the caller ID. I'd say I gotta go I have another call and it was them.

I love the business the internet brings. There are plenty of good resources but they are many times more in crooks.