Need to get rid of ants in a hurry

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by I6pwr, May 16, 2008.

1. I6pwr

I6pwr LawnSite Member

As my first post, I was hoping I could start a different type of thread but here goes.

The ants aren't in my yard, there in my car :help:

My spare beater that's in decent shape has been sitting for about 2 months, I have driven it with in the last month but there were no visitors at the time.

Fast forward to wednesday evening and I notice I was paid a visit, saw a few mouse droppings and a couple ants. I'm really glad my 5 month pregnant wife didn't see this or I would have had a premie delivered right in the driveway.

I have cleaned out the car, no mouse..just a place to nest for a bit but now I have a colony under the door sill plates in the carpet and in the plastic housing that houses the wires.

I have vacummed most of them out, there are still a few nestled but it's not a total infestation.....rather isolated but there were a bunch of eggs. I'm actually itching while i'm typing as this is rather gross and has never happened. There is no food in the car, no sugar but they liked something and it's time to go.

Any ideas as to what I can put in the car to get them to take a hike?

I used an ultrasonic device last night and they totally left the trunk but I need something either organic or whatever that they cannot stand.

Any help is.....GREATLY, appreciated.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They make ant traps that work pretty well. They are circular containers they crawl into and die.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Amdro best thing for ants not organic but not terribly toxic except to the queen aunt.

4. I6pwr

I6pwr LawnSite Member

I laid a few traps under the edge of the carpet while it's still pulled up at the sides. Checked out the local BORG's and didn't see any traps that they enter and don't exit...just bait the queen. Would like a catch-all trap, I have most of them removed but i'm sure I didn't get all of them and i'm also sure there are eggs still under there...what a mess.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Some of them have to leave the car to forage. Keep moving the car good distance a couple times a day during daylight. They won't be able to get food back to the rest of them.