need to haul 3 big zero turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Feb 19, 2011.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

looking to haul 3 big kubota 326s we have 16 foot trailers now what is the cheapest way to haul 3 we need 24 foot trailer but cant find any thought of putting a ramp from trailer to truck but dont think that is very safe thanks Shawn

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

i think your only option is a larger trailer if you want to keep all 3 with the same truck and trailer setup

3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

So are you looking for the miracle trailer attachment that gives you an additionally 2 feet on your trailer? If you find it please let me know cause I could use it!!! Back to your question though, I do believe you can have your trailer extended by a welder. I have heard of a few guys doing this. Also I have seen somebody mount another gate at the front of their trailer so they could drive their mowers up into the bed of their truck to dump grass clippings so I don't see why you couldn't just park the mower there as long as you tie it down. But your best bet in the long run would be to buy a bigger trailer. I'm guessing these have the 60in decks on them? I would think that if you turned them sideways you would be able to fit them all on the 16ft trailer. Just barely though with the deflectors up? The edges of the deck would have to be touching but that would fix all your problems.

4. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

im thinking the saftey issue with driving the mower up on the truck would not be good we cant be with the crews all the time , looking at 2 different crews i guess if we put rails on the gates that would help i dont think that we can get the mowers turned around on the trailler they are to long thanks Shawn

5. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

87.4 length/63 inch width

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have three of the same mowers, we needed to get a 22 ft dovetail, and back them on so the engine of hte first one hangs over the front rail. however, the front rail on mine is a bit lower and most of not all trailers might have taller rails and it would not work, would have to be measured.

i had to get the trailer cuz we did not measure before we got all the new mowers!!

i can feel for you on this one

7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Just do the simple math. Damn. It's not that hard. it's a trailer

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i agree, but at some point, all of us have made mistakes and not done it a few times.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

A trailer large enough to haul them will put you in the "DOT" category if you're not already there.

10. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

You will need a bigger trailer. Don't waste your time trying to put it in the back of the truck. The kubotas are to heavy for any type of ramp setup. It would be one thing if you were the one loading and unloading. But I would be very concerned about employees doing it.
    Posted via Mobile Device