need to hook up with sub in nw ct.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by richallseasons, Feb 14, 2006.

1. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys,
    I am in the 3rd year of business and it just keeps getting larger and better.I am currently in a situation that calls for me to get hooked up with a contractor to do some sub work for me , i need an excavator or a landscaping co. that has some larger equipment than myself. What i have got are two new homes on adjoining lots which together equal from 3/4 to 1 acre of land with a shared driveway , all is left rough graded.They have two large piles of topsoil which needs to be distributed and they need crushed stone brought in and spread on the driveway,which i will make arrangements to have delivered to the site if they accept the bid.There are also some large tree stumps left on the site that have to be buried in a ditch already there.If anyone is interested in getting a bid out on this job please contact me either here or at richallseasons@aol.com or call me at 860-309-3639.I would like to get the bid together by Feb. 24th so as this work can be done asap.The job site is in Granby Ct. Thanx Rich

2. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

I really wouldnt be interested in that particular job, but keep us in mind for any large scale mulch jobs you need subbed out. we have a blower truck and do a lot of installs for other landscapers around the tri-state region. We also have a large hydroseeder that if you have jobs that are very large in size we can sub for you.

E.A. Quinn Landscape Contracting
    Glastonbury, CT
    (860)633-0115 ext. 23
    Ask for matt

3. richallseasons

EA QUINN, I will also need a quote on hydroseeding this property if you want to shot me a square foot price figure 1 acre at most , and while your at it what can you do with mulch per yard blown?

4. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

i'd like to help you out, but granby is a little far away from me, 50 minutes travel time or so. but if its worth it. how big are these stumps? do they need to be dug up and moved or just moved? i could get a bobcat and an excavator there. i'll email you this same questions.

5. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Granby is under a ft of snow right now. This weekend should be 50 degrees so those piles should be mud.

Are you looking to spread the topsoil right away (with the snow)?

This sounds like an April job to me..??? sporty

6. richallseasons

no the customer wants to get the bid in early so he can get his finances together

7. richallseasons

no the customer wants to get the bid in early so he can get his finances together and i need to get my stuff together so we come off like the pros that we are

8. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch prices vary depending on a number of variables....

A. How many yards do you need shot....
    B. If you need over 20 yards shot, is mulch being delivered on site or do we have to bring it from our shop?

C. If mulch is delivered on site, do you have a machine for us to load our truck with or do we need to bring our own machine with us....

It all depends on the job and yardage so I need more specifics to quote...

We have a sliding scale based on all these things. let me know......

9. richallseasons

EA
    as far as the mulch goes it was just a by the way question and not important now but if you could give me a price on the hydroseeding i could use that info now just figure on 1 acre. thanx rich