Need to learn more

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Miller Rules, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

I would like to learn more about the business but I don't have time to take any classes so what do you think I should do and what should I look into learning more about (types of grass.Insects,Trees, etc.)? Whats a good way to go about this?

2. arkylady

arkylady LawnSite Member

Your Cooperative Extension office contains a wealth of free information. The one for my county even has a section out front with all the different types of grasses for our area side by side so you can learn which is which. Inside they have an entire wall filled with pamplets and brochures. They also have a website with information on just about anything to do with a lawn you'd ever want to know. The best part is, all the information is directly related to conditions for my area.

The Cooperative Extension website for your area is here:
    http://pasco.ifas.ufl.edu/

Didn't take time to dig around much, but hopefully they'll have as much info as ours does. You could look at websites for other areas, but all the information may not be relevant to your area.

3. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot.