1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need to make a trench

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DavidR, Dec 18, 2007.

1. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

It is a little slow around here this time of year so I thought I would ask a question. I'm a homeowner and would like to add one head to one of my zones.

What is the easiest way for me to dig a trench about 10' long? I will obviously be doing this by hand. What is the best tool to use?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hire a Pro
  3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

garden spade + trench shovel
  4. Can I use that as my new avatar or signature?
  5. Wet_Boots

Sure, help yourself to it.
  6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Meet the Shoveler!

Profile of a Typical Mysteryman:
    He's a blue-collar working man...
    His favorite sports are bowling and slot-car racing...
    He lives in a duplex...
    He goes to church on Sunday...
    He believes in flying saucers...
    He's addicted to Dristan nasal decongestant...
    He still has his Christmas lights up in March...
    He will never own a yacht...
    He has two teenage daughters from a previous marriage that are just hitting puberty...
    His best-fitting suit came from JC Penney's...
    He has a textbook case of male-pattern baldness, a truss, fallen arches, a touch of prostate problems...
    ...and a shovel that will kill!

While digging one fateful day, ditch-digger and quarryman Stan Belarsky discovered a holy singing shovel that once belonged to the legendary King Arthur of Camelot. As he was a just and honest man, the shovel wisely took him as its new master.

Now in his nimble, strong hands the shovel is a wicked averger of injustice and grand protector of the weak and downtrodden. The shovel has a mind of its own and talks in "Ye olde English" style, but will obey its master as long as his heart is pure...
  7. Wet_Boots

You do realize that demonstrating your knowledge of The Shoveler brands you as a geek :)