1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need to make mower decision by tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supertec7622, Jun 4, 2010.

1. supertec7622

supertec7622 LawnSite Member

Hello all. I need a little advice if anyone would care to help.. I know its late notice, but tomorrow I am either buying one of these two mowers to leave at one of me houses.. I have a 1 acre piece of property with irrigated St. Augustine and several large oaks, that drop lots in Fall. I am looking at a Toro 355 with 370 hours for $1200 in great shape, or a 25HP Walker with no GHS and over 4000 hours, you read it right, 4K.. Walker seems to be in good shape and he is selling for $1000. I feel like that price on the 355 is awesome, but just wanted some quick feedback before I decide which way to go tomorrow.. Thanks

2. 1whitetail

1whitetail LawnSite Member
    from florida

I am not familiar with that Toro in particular but I would not even consider the Walker. 4000 hours is just too much. I personally would not buy a mower with more than 1000 hrs.

3. supertec7622

I was kinda thinking the same thing.. The Toro 355 is the front deck mower similar to the Walker. I feel like 1200 for this mower is a good deal.

4. 1whitetail

from florida

I just googled the Toro 355. It seems to be a bargain especially with only 370 hrs. I would definitely consider that one. :dancing:

5. supertec7622

Yeah, I have always used a mid deck, but that price seems unreal.. Only going to use it for one yard.. Not for the business. I see one on Ebay going for 3K right now!! Thanks

6. 1whitetail

from florida

Have you seen the mower in person. I once saw a mower that the hour meter showed 500 hrs. and the mower looked like it had 3000+ hrs. :dizzy: Got my hopes up for nothing. :hammerhead:

7. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

8. supertec7622

I haven't seen in person yet.. Going in the AM.. I may be unpleasantly surprised, but I hope not.. I am driving about an hour to get to either one. Clean_cut, that is a 335 reel mower, not the same.. Used that one for years when I worked at the Golf course..lol